Monday, January 12, 2009

Last Dance!

Well I think this will be my last blog entry, which is a very good sign.

Today was my coming out party. Julie, my nurse filled my bladder then removed my catheter. I sang like a red headed stepchild for what seemed like, well what seemed like a lot longer then the few seconds it actually took. Then I got to play red light green light to see if the muscles that restrict urine still worked. It works in 70% of the cases after a surgery like mine. The Doctor said, "start then stop" twice and then said "perfect". It was my best leak to date. Speaking of leaks, that is what I will do as my muscles are retrained and my bladder heals. NOW, you may think that this is way too much information, but it is a big part of the recovery from this operation. I did spare you the details on "pad" shopping, so you can be grateful about that. Speaking of grateful, thanks for all of you who have been praying for Patti and me through this time.

Yesterdays service was very cool. We had our first communion together and all went well. Speaking of "went well" how many pastors do you know that has preached, served communion and peed all at the same time. Now that I am catheter free, I do pray that it is the last time I experience that trifecta. As you think of me, pray for our work in CTK Nampa... God wants to do a lot here in Idaho!!

Peace...
Rick

4 comments:

  1. Uncle Rick,

    Well...after having a very good laugh (thank you for that)...I just wanted to again emphasize what you said. God IS so good. Seriously, isn't it cool that He cares about all things...including our ability to properly relieve ourselves?

    It's been cool...as I spend time in prayer, when I come to your name and the cancer, it's not a time of request, but a time of praise!!! It's gone! It's so cool to see how God works.

    You and your church will remain in my prayers. I have this feeling that He has something extraordinary in store...

    Love ya,

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu have the best way of telling stories!!! WE miss you like crazy (Crazy is good sometimes :O.
    One peice of advice that you must follow (please trust me on this one)DO NOT jump on a trampoline if you have a week bladder, it could get a little embarassing. Now I shared too much info..

    Take care and laugh alot!!

    Cassandra Antsen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rick,

    We too miss you. Enjoy reading about your experiences. Great that God has given you a sense of humor.

    I am glad God showed up so well in this story. It's a real faith builder for us. God healed you, at the same time, is promoting the growth of your church, and it's all for His glory. We continue to pray that God will give you all His wisdom and understanding so that you may know His good and perfect will for yourselves and for His church. May His peace be yours today.

    God bless you both Dale and Gerry Anderson Mt. Vernon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been praying, but just now got to your blog. Miss you guys lots and so excited to see God working in and through you.

    Cheryl Lanahan

    ReplyDelete