It is Thursday evening and I thought I would let you all know that Rick is doing as well as can be expected. He is however fighting an infection and so they have given him two different antibiotics to fight off any bug that may be trying to attack his body. Please pray that these new drugs will do the trick.
He is in pain, and should be since he has a 8 inch or so incision that has been stapled together, OUCH!! and his insides have been reconstructed. He has yet been able to get much sleep but if he can stay ahead of the pain he is comfortable, that is until he has to stand up or sit down or try and adjust in bed, but other than that he is good!
I know that Rick was encouraged and taken aback when he read the Blog today. When he read about the process, the little setback that he had during recovery and the comments it became more real for him. Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and prayers, he was touched and very thankful for all of you.
I hope that in the next couple of days Rick will feel up to writing a bit here as well, I know that he does not have the mind energy at this time, so if there is anything new to update I will be sure and post it, but I will not bore you all with the mundane hour by hour of watching Rick sit and hopefully sleep details. Now if you want an update on a ball game or something well....thats a different story!!! HA!
Okay, I pray that all of you are well, that you had a great time celebrating the coming of 2009. Blessings to you all!!
HUGS...
Patti
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tears of joy...that's all...We're thrilled at what God has done. We can only imagine what you must be going through. Your attitudes are amazing and a real inspiration. We love you heaps! Keep getting better and better. We won't stop praying.
ReplyDeleteJeff and Gloria