Monday, January 5, 2009

I am at home recovering from my cancer surgery. Today they removed the 20 stainless steal staples that held the external wound together. There are still layers of sutures inside that are holding me together and they will dissolve in a while. In the meantime my body is literally restarting from the temporary paralysis that the surgeon induced to perform the surgery. Tonight I am hoping to move from the recliner to the bed. And I now have four real meals in my body even though I have little to no interest in eating.
Next Monday they take out the balloon catheter (they call it my "coming out party") and after that I can start driving.
I am planning on teaching next Sunday, before the cathiter is removed... talk about a pastor with a lot of baggage!!
Right now I am pretty weak...but God is very good, He DID get all the cancer.

Peace
Rick

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your geat progress, and praise for our lord for helping you.

    Please take care...and Don't over do.
    Looking forward to listening to you on sunday.

    Ona Croney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish we could be there Sunday! God has been very good to you. Your zeal for the Lord will be hard to beat following all this. (Not that you weren't already pretty hard to keep up with!!) What a testimony to His healing power. You give us courage. Thank you. We love you.

    Jeff and Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would like to be there. Although I do think it sounds a bit crazy!!

    ReplyDelete