Saturday, December 27, 2008

This is Ricks official health update blog. We will be at the hospital Mon. the 29th and the 2 hour surgery will begin at 7am. A nurse will be out early in the process to tell Patti if the cancer has spread outside of the prostate or not (the thinking here is that it has not). If it hasn't the surgery will continue, if it has they will close up and we will reconsider other treatments. I will be in the hospital until sometime Wed. the 31st, and then will be recovering at home. Patti will keep this blog as the update tool for a few days so check in and pray...peace, Rick

14 comments:

  1. Friends, we are praying. I just told Dennis and he is adding your name to his prayer group. We love you guys!

    Lisa Patrick
    lucydoll42.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayed for you today... and will be thinking about you both. -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending my prayers your way.

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are both praying for God's favor on you, Rick! Be in peace, God will be right there with you and your physician. We love you and miss you.
    Pam and Steve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott and I have you in our thoughts and prayers.

    Wishing you peace.

    Scott and Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well friends, I am amazed at how quickly the doctor went in and did the first phase of Rick's surgery. Within 35 minutes the nurse came out and announced that the cancer has been contained in the prostate!!! Praise God!! In one more hour Rick will be cancer free!!! Thank you all for lifing Rick up in your prayers!! God has answered and I am elated by this news!!!
    I will be posting an update in about hour or so.
    We are blessed to have such a skilled urologist.
    Thank you all so very much for your continued prayers, we feel bathed in them. Rick was so at peace when I kissed him good-bye!!
    Okay, be back in a few!!!
    Again, thank-you for your love, your support and esspcially for you prayers.
    God is an awesome GOd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our prayers are answered........God is good
    Both you and Patty have been in our daily prayers and will continue to be.....Happy Day !!!
    Ona Croney and Bee Giorge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julius and Vicki said... Praise the Lord... We are so grateful that he has been there for the both of you. Mrs Patti take care. LOVE Julius and Vicki Farrar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay the doctor just came in and said that the surgery went really well. They removed the protate with no problems other than more bleeding that usual. They may need to do a blood transfusion this afternoon. But the doctor did not feel that this would be a problem. He felt very good about the outcomes!
    Once again, thank you so very much for your prayers. This has been quite a long few weeks as we have been waiting for this day. God is so faithful, we feel very cared for.
    Rick will be waking up here in the next few minutes and I am very excited to be the one to tell him that he is now cancer free!! (:
    We are so thankful for all of you, we love you all dearly and will forever be grateful to you for you prayers and your encouraging messages.
    I know that Rick loves you all so very much and as he recovers he will be truly blessed as he reads your comforting comments. Thank
    you again for your support through this very stressful time. I am so blessed to have you all in my life!!
    I will post more as Rick wakes up and let you all know how his recovery is going!
    Love you all so much!!
    HUGS...Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, I just read this to Gene as he was driving. We are so thankful. Thank you dear Jeasus... Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dearest Patti & Rick-
    Praying! Double time!
    We are praising God for the successful surgery and praying for a complete, quick and renewing time of recovery.
    Blessings!
    Arie & Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Patti: Prayers, love and Praise! I hope you rest well tonight and take Rick for a stroll around the corridor tomorrow. God bless your family and embrace you in his love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Greetings from Mount Vernon,
    As I just received this blog on my pc, I wasn't aware of all of these details. Praise be to God for all of the ways He has shown up for you guys. I am siting here waiting to go to the intercessory prayer group this morning and what awesome news to share. I love you both so much, you are continually in my thoughts and prayers and you are still sorely missed.
    In His Grace, Terry England

    ReplyDelete
  14. Praise God!!! What wonderful news, God is so good!!! What a faithful Father we have! I am so thankful that He answered our prayers and is with you each step of the way. I will continue to pray for healing and that you recover quickly. (I also will continue to pray for the nurse who is interested in attending your church!)
    Love in Christ, Lisa Corp

    ReplyDelete