Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Tuesday Night Review

I just came home and again I want to thank Cami for her reporting gifts!!
It is 10:15 and I just finished eating my dinner and contemplating the day. When I left Rick tonight he was extremely tired, his fever still a little high but we know that that just goes with the territory. The official news that the cancer was contained in his prostate and that it looks like the cancer did not spread to any other parts of his body is music to our ears.  Rick will be sleeping well tonight and I don't believe it will be completely from the sleep aid or the pain killers!  We are so relieved, so thankful to the Lord for his hand in all of this.  This journey has been one that we will forever be grateful to the Lord for.  We do not question why this had to happen to us, at this time, God has made that very clear to us and we are thankful to Him for his care, His provision and His timing.
As Rick always seems to do he had an opportunity to witness to a couple of the night nurses while he was in CCU.  Even while he is heavily medicated his amazing heart and his care for others is so inspirational.  
I know that many of you have been following this blog and Rick and I want to thank you for your continues prayers.  God is answering. Other than the fever I was quite impressed with how quickly Rick rallied after yesterdays setback in the Critical Care Unit.  He was up and walking, very slowing at first and I know he won't be speed walking any time soon but he was moving a bit more briskly than earlier in the day.  Well, maybe briskly isn't the right word here!! 
His pain is under control thanks to the miracle of todays wonder drugs and tomorrow afternoon he should be leaving the hospital if the fever goes down.  
We will see just what kind of nurse I am! I am a bit nervous taking the full responsibility of all of Ricks care but I know that many prayers are going out for me as well!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!  I will need them in the upcoming days!
I will close for today wishing you all many blessings from the Lord.
HUGS...
Patti

2 comments:

  1. Am very thankful that the Lord is getting Rick (and everyone) through this. Prayer warriors, keep it up. The faithful, fervent prayers of the righteous avail much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and prayers to each of you...

    ReplyDelete