Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday night update:
I want to thank Cami for filling in for me as there is no internet at the hospital. She has done a great job at being our News Reporter! 
I just left the hospital just now, I am home and am extremely exhausted and a bit loopy from lack of sleep but before I go to bed I wanted to once again let you know about Rick's progress and to thank you for your prayers.
The doctor came in just before I left for the night and he was so pleased with how the surgery went.  He said that even though Rick did lose quite a bit of blood, he did not bleed too bad during the most critical times of the surgery, like when he was separating the nerves from the prostate and when he was reconstructing the bladder  I would have to say that was a God thing!!!  The bleeding slowed or stopped so that the surgeon could see perfectly to perform this very delicate procedure!  Thank- you God!!  
Rick ended up having two blood transfusions, because of losing so much blood they did not want him to get out of bed tonight so the next hurdle will be that he does not have any blood clots that may come with not getting up and moving around. Please pray that the circulation in his legs will not be effected by lack of movement.
Tomorrow he will be moved from the Critical Care Unit to a regular room, they just want to monitor him throughout the night.  Rick is in a ton of pain and is being weaned off of the morphine drip and will be given a different medication throughout the night. The nurse has told us that tomorrow will be his most difficult day.  He will need to get up several times during the day, which will be very hard for him and quite painful.
Once again thank you all for your amazing support of prayers, phone calls and E-mails, we feel them, we feel the presence of God's mercy and his gift of healing!
Oh and one really cool thing....Wendy, Rick's nurse said that she wants to come and check out our church!!!  Isn't is amazing what God can do even under these most trying circumstances?  
We serve an awesome God!!!
HUGS...
Patti
 

5 comments:

  1. 'Sweet dreams and a very restful sleep for both of you' is our prayer tonight. We're thanking God for His healing hand in the midst of all. Yes, God is awsome!
    Love,
    A&B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick & Patti we have you in our thoughts and prayers and trust the good Lord is watching out for you.
    Love,
    Lance & Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although it's the middle of the night here in the east coast, I decided to get up and check the blog and see what God's up to! I have had an amazing peace through all of this over the last few weeks...and it's awesome to see God moving. Mike and I have been praying for you, Uncle Rick!!! We've also been praying that God would cover all of you with His peace and comfort! Thanks for keeping us so easily informed! Love all of you! Krista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Lord.... God is so good. Bless you friends... Linda & Gene

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to admit my prayers have been selfish. Oh, yes, I pray for Rick's healing and Patti's strength, but I also have let God know in no uncertain terms that Rick is not yet done with us. We need him. Period. I too have felt a peace with this that was confirmed when I learned the lymph glands were clear. Hurray!! Love you, Rick; love you, Patti; love you, God. ....Dian & J.R.

    ReplyDelete